Tuesday 11 June 2013

brighton degree show 2013

Degree show season seems to have come around so quickly. It also marks a year of blogging for me! I started last year with an entry on the University of Brighton's degree show so it seems fitting to mark the occasion with an entry on this year's show.

I've picked two favourites. I thought this photograph by Tom Calvert was stunning. There's a fantastic sense of scale and depth that almost makes you feel that you are standing there on the mountainside. I visited his website and picked a couple more from the series 'Finding Tom Calvert'. The photographs were taken in the Lake District - one of my favourite places in England.



























From the graphic design and illustration room Hoi Shan was the one that caught my attention.  Her black and white animals are paired with simple, off-beat statements that made me curious to know more while also making me smile. I also loved her 3D models. See them and some more of her work on her blog.